Even if you don't plan on selling your photo to National Geographic or one of the many Photography Magazines keep it balanced and beautiful.
Everyone responds better to a picture that has all the right elements in balance.
Lead the eye along an interesting path through the photo, with the use of strong lines or patterns, etc.
• Take care to keep the horizon level in your photo.
• Crop out any unwanted objects that appear in your photo.
• Place your subject where you think it most belongs, rather than just accepting the fact it just happens to land in your photo.
• Play with perspective so that all lines show a pattern or lead the eye to your main subject.
• Remember the Rule Of Thirds